Banquets, Catering, & Wedding Receptions
COVID 19 RESPONSE & PROTOCOLS: 5/4/20
Many catering events will be held in outdoor venues until further notice.
- Fountain Garden
- East Lawn
- Glenwood Hollow
Crystal Ballroom will be available for use when government/CDC guidelines authorize. Minimum number of people would be set to accommodate approved guidelines.
We anticipate all events will be limited to 50pp or less.
Guests are encouraged to stay at the Crescent Hotel. Special wedding rates will be applied by event Sales Manager.
Sales Team Operational Protocols:
- Meal service will all be plated/served meals. No buffets or food stations until further notice.
- Appetizer service will all be individual plated offerings presented/covered at each place setting.
- Beverage service will be served by a server. No self-service stations.
- Event diagrams to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate social distancing guidelines meet all county, state, federal and CDC guidelines.
- Sales Team to create diagrams.
- Obtain place cards from guest for seating arrangements.
- Educate guest regarding social distancing guidelines and procedures.
- Have guest sign off on Social Distancing Guideline Agreement prior to event.
- Have Vendors sign off on Social Distancing Guideline Agreement prior to event.
- Site inspections and client meetings/planning sessions will be done virtually or appropriately social distanced.
- Tastings on hold for summer season.
Catering Team Operational Protocols:
-To support Sales Team Operational Protocols and service as sold.
-To provide Sales Manager with hotel staff count to be used for event that will impact number of guests in final count.
Cleaning & Sanitizing Protocol:
- All shared equipment to be sanitized before and after each use, or be single use if not able to be sanitized.
- All linen, including underlays, to be replaced after each use.
- Clean and soiled linens to be transported in sealed single use plastic bags into and out of the venue.
- Sanitize all doors that guest may use to enter outdoor venue from hotel.
- Sanitize all tables, chairs and other equipment just prior to event.
- Sanitize storage areas at the end of each shift change.
- Wash hands at least once per hour.
- Set according to diagrams provided by Sales Manager as these are approved.
- Flatware to be sanitized and rolled.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations at each event.
- China plates and flatware to be used for service.
- Glassware to be utilized for table service.
- Quality single use plastic to be used for bar service for outdoor events. Indoor events will use glassware.
- Condiments to be served in individual packets.
- Post signage at each event reminding guests of appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- All servers/bussers/runners/bartenders to wear masks and gloves.
- All food & beverage will be served table side. Plates will be presented with a cover to the guest.
- Follow sanitary operational standards as designated for kitchen
- Provide Sales Team with modified menus designated for this service.
- Guests will use restrooms in their guestroom (ideally) plus the public restrooms on the lobby level of the hotel.
- Hotel to provide restroom attendants to ensure safety is practiced. Attendant will be stationed outside the restroom to let guests in when restroom is ready for access.
All Vendors attending the event must wear masks and practice Social Distancing Guidelines and Sanitary Guidelines.
We take great pride in not just the product we offer but also in the manner that it is served. This is why both The 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa and The 1905 Basin Park Hotel offer "Black Tie" banquet service for weddings and special occasions.
In addition to the outstanding fare and the unparalleled service you receive at the historic Crescent Hotel we offer several different options for the ideal setting for your catered event.
Experience the grandeur of yesteryear in the Crystal Ballroom, be inspired by the flamboyant Art Deco decor of the Sky Bar Gourmet Pizza or just relax and enjoy the graceful elegance of the Crescent Conservatory. No matter what your choice for your event it is sure to be an experience your guests will remember for a lifetime.
Accommodates: 50 - 300 Guests
At first glance "Elegant" is the word to enter your mind. With hardwood floors, beautiful chandeliers and soaring ceilings, this room was built for ballroom dancers to flow freely with no pillars to stand in their way. With 2947 square feet, this is an absolutely perfect setting for corporate dinners and lunches.
Skybar Gourmet Pizza
Accommodates: 15 - 75 Guests
A tribute to the "crazy" doctor operating the Crescent Hotel as a Cancer Center from 1937 - 1939. His flair for Art Deco is quite evident here.
Accommodates: Up to 30 Guests
"The Most Beautiful" in The Ozarks, this 1313 sq. ft. room features hardwood floors and large scenic windows looking out upon it's bordering gardens and boardwalk leading to the open air gazebo.
Crescent Fountain Garden
Accommodates: Up to 40 Guests
Perhaps the signature wedding location for the 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa is the Fountain Garden. A towering Historic Hotel of America and magnificent manicured gardens with a dynamic, historic fountain as its focal point. This most popular wedding setting can welcome up to 350 guests.